We have vast experience in getting successful student visas in Australia. Australia is a very welcoming country for international students as it is the most multicultural country in the world. With Australia being renowned as a world-class education provider, whether it be vocational education, university or Masters level courses, Australia is the right destination for you to come study and make Australia your home.

The aim of the Student visa is to enable international students to study and train in Australia full-time. A student can remain in Australia for the duration of their course with this visa.
Before submitting a visa application, the student must enrol with an Australian education provider, or have a letter of offer in certain cases.

Eligibility criteria for student visa

  • sufficient funds to cover your stay in Australia (12 month living cost + 12 month tuition fees + return airfares + if any spouses or children their cost needs to be added as well)
  • Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for entire period of stay in Australia
  • offer letter or Confirmation of Enrolment from Australian educational institution
  • meet English language requirements
  • be a genuine student

Before applying for a student visa, you need to obtain admission into a university or educational institution. It is compulsory for you to have at least an offer letter or COE (confirmation of enrolment) in the educational institution you are planning to study in Australia before applying for a student visa.

In some cases, students do not have to provide funds or meet English language requirements. Contact us for further information on that.


You will also need to demonstrate you have sufficient funds/finances to support yourself in Australia.

You can meet the funds requirement:

  • through Annual Income requirement
  • adequate funds of 12 months living costs + 12 month tuition fees + return airfares + school fees for any young children + spouse funds if applicable

12 month living cost for student $29, 710

  • If partner is coming with you, add $10, 394
  • for a child coming with you add $4449
  • schooling cost for child is $13,502
  • travel costs add $3000

Immigration need to be satisfied that the funds are LIQUID and that the applicant has genuine access to them. Relatives can provide funds as long as it can be demonstrated that the student has genuine access to the funds. Contact us for more information.



English language test providers Minimum test score Minimum test score with either 10 weeks of ELICOS, Foundation Standard program or Pathway program Minimum test score with either 20 weeks ELICOS or Foundation Extended program
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 6.0 5.5 5.0
TOEFL internet-based test (only accepted if test is taken on or before 25 July 2023)* 64 46 35
Cambridge English: Advanced (Certificate in Advanced English)** 169 162 154
Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) 50 42 36
Occupational English Test B for each test component B for each test component B for each test component


*On 26 July 2023 the TOEFL internet-based test (TOEFL iBT) stopped offering English language tests for Australian visa purposes. A score for a TOEFL iBT test taken on or after 26 July 2023 will no longer satisfy the English language requirement for Student visa purposes. Only TOEFL iBT scores from a test taken on or before 25 July 2023 are accepted for Student visa purposes.

**From 12 February 2024, only results from the paper-based Cambridge C1 Advanced test (previously known as Cambridge English: Advanced CAE) will be accepted for Australian visa and migration purposes. Test scores for both C1 Advanced paper-based and computer-based tests, taken before 12 February 2024, within the specified validity period are still accepted.



You are not required to provide English language test results if:

  • In the 2 years before applying the visa, the applicant completed or completed a substantial component of a course at Certificate IV level or higher.
  • Student is a citizen and has passport of UK, USA, Ireland, New Zealand or Canada
  • in principal course of study that is ELICOS, registered school course or registered post-graduate research course

The test must have been in the 2 years before you apply for the student visa.


The most important factor for getting a student visa granted is the GENUINE student criterion. Also known as GTE, SOP (statement of purpose) criterion. You need to prove to Immigration why you intend on studying in Australia. If you have a large gap say like 15 years without studying, we can help you with that. We have helped a person have 22 years gap get a student visa granted. We use our professionalism, experience and expertise to help you submit the student visa and get it granted.

Work Conditions

You cannot work in Australia for more than 40 hours (48 hours from 1 July 2023) a fortnight once your student visa has been granted. If you are on your course break, then you can work full-time.

A student studying Masters by Research or PHD can work full-time, with no work restrictions. The student’s partner of Masters by Research or PHD can work full-time, with no work restrictions.

A student studying Masters by Coursework can only work 40 hours a fortnight (48 hours from 1 July 2023). But the student’s partner can work full-time, with no work restrictions.

If you are under 18 years old, you may require a student guardian visa. We can help you with student guardian visas as we have a lot of experience in them.


If you need help for your student visa, or admission in Australia, contact us on or +61 414 588 942.

Information provided in this website is general in nature and does not constitute immigration advice.
The information on this website can change without notice and we do not guarantee the accuracy of information.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate. Individuals must not rely on the information in this website to make a visa or immigration decision. Before making any decision, we recommend you consult a migration agent or lawyer to take into account your particular situation and individual needs.

Please note that any immigration advice provided only and only constitutes immigration assistance as per s276 of the Migration Act 1958 (It does not include or constitute any other type of advice apart from immigration assistance as per s276 of the Migration Act 1958).