Trade Courses to PR


Trade courses are the best and easiest way to get PR in Australia these days. This is because they are in demand and there is a shortage of trade skills in Australia.

The steps to get your PR through Trade course is as follows:

Step 1: Choose an occupation:

  • Carpentry
  • Chef
  • Plasterer
  • Electronic Equipment Trades Worker
  • Painting and Decoration
  • Joinery
  • Boat Builder
  • Engineering Fabricator
  • Automotive Mechanic
  • Bricklayer
  • Cabinet Making
  • Building and Construction
  • Plumber
  • Automotive Electrician
  • Electrical Engineering Technician
  • Heavy Diesel Mechanic
  • Air Conditioning
  • Refrigeration

Step 2: Study a packaged 2 year course related to one of these occupations above at Certificate III, IV or Diploma level

Step 3: While on your student visa, get a job in that occupation

Step 4: Get a 485 visa for 1.5 years after finishing 2 years study in Australia

Step 5: Complete Job Ready Programme (JRP) while on your 485 visa. This involves working for an Australian employer in your occupation for 12 months on your 485 visa and then you will get a positive skills assessment.

Step 6: Apply for PR through subclass 189, 190 or 491 or 494 if your employer is willing to sponsor you. Keep in mind for the 189, 190, 491 they are all points-based. So focus on getting highest English results.

If you want us to get admission for you, please contact us at or call us on +61 414 588 942.

Information provided in this website is general in nature and does not constitute immigration advice.
The information on this website can change without notice and we do not guarantee the accuracy of information.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate. Individuals must not rely on the information in this website to make a visa or immigration decision. Before making any decision, we recommend you consult a migration agent or lawyer to take into account your particular situation and individual needs.

Please note that any immigration advice provided only and only constitutes immigration assistance as per s276 of the Migration Act 1958 (It does not include or constitute any other type of advice apart from immigration assistance as per s276 of the Migration Act 1958).